SMS has become a powerful tool for businesses to communicate with their customers. 90% of consumers prefer text messages over email or phone calls. SMS Texting offers small to medium businesses maximum impact when used for their business needs. There are plenty of ways you can use SMS to engage with your audience and build relationships.
But there are some things to know before you begin using text messaging in your business. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Make sure you have the opt-in: Before you start sending out texts, you need to make sure you have the customer’s permission. This means having them opt-in to receiving texts from you. You can do this by including a sign-up form on your website or in your store.
2. Keep it short and sweet: Text messages are meant to be brief and to the point. This is not the time to write a novel. Keep your messages clear and concise.
3. Use keywords: Keywords are a great way to get your message across quickly. Use them to highlight special offers or discounts.
4. Timing is everything: Time your messages so they are received when your customer is most likely to be free to read them. You don’t want to interrupt their day with a message they will just ignore.
5. Use a call to action: Include a call to action in your text so your customers know what you want them to do. whether it’s visiting your website or coming into your store. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to using SMS Texting to its maximum potential.